BMI Bank’s Financial Institutions Group & International Banking was set up in 2005 and was tasked with being responsible of the Bank’s correspondent banking relationship, establishing limits for countries as well as for Banks in Bahrain and the globe as well as extending credit (funded and unfunded) facilities to Banks and other financial institutions in Bahrain and outside Bahrain.
The department conducts the following business activities but isn’t limited to doing just that:-
- Arrange and participate in syndicated term loans facilities and club facilities in local/Overseas markets
- Extending bilateral facilities to financial institutions
- Carry funded or unfunded sub participation transactions with other banks for different risks according to BMI’s risk appetite
- Issuing and confirming letters of credit against received from financial institutions
- Carry forfeiting transactions against the risk of other financial institutions.
- Carry Factoring transactions
- Raise short and medium term financing from banks and other financial institutions.
- Issue and confirm guarantees issued for local parties received from financial institutions
For further information, please call us on 17 508080.